Our bags are made of real calfskin leather. To preserve all its qualities, we encourage you to take special care of your bag, as instructed below.
Please keep in mind:
- Our products are made by hand with the utmost attention to detail. Slight differences between the items are part of their nature and make each one of them unique.
- The metal hardware might get scratched, discolored or fade with repeated use.
- Creases and wrinkles may appear over time.
How to maintain the leather quality:
- Clean the leather using a dry or slightly dampened (warm water is best) delicate cotton cloth. While cleaning, make sure that the bag does not get too damp. Always dry it off completely.
- It’s best to store it inside its dust bag, when not in use. You may also want to stuff it to avoid deformation.
- Before the leather comes in contact with light-colored fabrics, wipe it down with a dry, cotton cloth.
- Avoid contact with water. Try not to expose the bag to rain. If you do get caught in bad weather, always wipe off the item immediately after with a dry cloth. Dry it off at room temperature, far from any heat sources. Do not use an electric dryer. Extended long-term exposure to heat and sunlight can cause irreversible deformation and color fading.
- Bad weather, humidity, and heat can damage the leather irreversibly.
- Carrying overly heavy objects may deform the bag and stretch the leather.
- Do not use any chemical substances such as solvents, polish removers, gasoline to clean or preserve the leather.